Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Barefoot Running - Step by Step

Thanks to Aleksandar for recommending the book "Barefoot Running - Step by Step" by Barefoot Ken Bob!!  It is a great book that I highly recommend to anyone who would like the inside scoop on barefoot running!!
by Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton,by Roy M. Wallack Barefoot Running Step by Step: Barefoot Ken Bob, the Guru of Shoeless Running, Shares His Personal Technique for Running with More Speed, Less Impact, Fewer Injuries and More Fun(text only) [Paperback]2011

In the same way that "Born to Run" inspired me (and brainwashed me) to believe that I actually could run (and would want to), this book truly makes me want to run barefoot - for all the right reasons!!

So, inspired, I headed out this morning for a barefoot run - maybe 3.5 km.  I have to say that I LOVE IT!!! It's like I can feel more spring in my foot than with shoes. Strangely, I didn't get winded at all - VERY STRANGE!

Alas, the soles of my feet are quite sore right now. According to Barefoot Ken Bob, I need to work on my technique - bending my knees more and lifting the foot just before it lands - kind of like an airplane coming in for a landing.

But overall, it was really an awesome experience. I think that I will be erring on the side of barefoot - at least as long as our Canadian weather allows. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment