Friday, May 20, 2011

I Actually Ran Barefoot!!

So, this morning I felt inspired to head out on the road on my naked feet! As much as we are practising the barefoot technique, I'd never actually run on the roads barefoot.  But I did this morning!!

And it was great!!!  The soles of my feet felt a little numb partway through (and I was only out for maybe a 10 minute run). But it actually seemed easier than running in my minimalist shoes. Maybe it was just a mental thing. But when I normally run, it is my mind that gives up long before my body (although my body tells me later). But this morning, it was like I WANTED to run further. I didn't want to stop and walk as often. It was a very strange feeling. But I liked it!!

Where will this lead? Will I convert to barefoot when our Canadian weather permits?? Hmmm... It is a definite possibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment